Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Chickpea chicken flat bread


This was an experiment (then again most things I make are). My cooking habits mostly involve me giving the fridge and cabinets the once over, grabbing an armful of things and going to work. Impromptu just works for me!

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts  sliced to 1/2" pieces
  • 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed well
  • 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
  • 2 TBS olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
  • 1/2 sweet onion peeled and chopped
  • 1 tsp red pepper flake
  • 1/2 cup white cooking wine
Heat olive oil in a skillet and add garlic, onion, sun dried tomatoes, and red pepper flake. Cook until onion is translucent; stir in chickpeas. Add chicken and white wine and cook thoroughly. Serve on warm flat breads with spinach.
For the sauce I mixed 3 TBS of mayonnaise and 1 TBS Sriracha hot chili sauce together with a dash of sea salt.



No comments:

Post a Comment