Tuesday, June 5, 2012

SO

Who knew that making dresses and planning for a wedding, planning a birthday for my soon to be 4 year old, buying a house, working, and entering back into school would make life so busy? Hah! Well, I have news for you life. I prevailed! Seriously though, I don't think I have ever had so many projects going on at once buuuut, I STILL managed to put together a few recipes (I just never got around to posting them) Now though, yes now, I finally have a day off and enough time to post! (:


Lets get to it!


A few weeks ago I found myself drowning in cilantro. Determined to not waste any of it, I went on a binge of summery dishes all featuring it in some way or another and boy, did I use it all! 
Today, I am channeling summer because it is pouring outside and I would like to pretend that it isn't. I am ready for sun. Seriously, I would like to make it to a beach this year. So, where is the sunshine? In this light and delicious pasta dish of course!


What you will need:
2 1/2 lbs prawns
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, finely cut
1 TBS olive oil
1/2 cup white wine
Juice of half a lime


Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic, green onions, and cilantro. Cook over medium-high heat for about 3-5 minutes. Add in white wine, lime juice, and prawns. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes. Serve over cooked noodles tossed with olive oil and sea salt.
Simple, quick, light, and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment